NYPA: Kensico Station Decommissioning
New York Power Authority (NYPA)
Kensico Decommissioning, Design Engineering and Construction Support
Located in Valhalla, NY the Kensico Hydroelectric Power Plant decommissioning project was initiated to satisfy the NYC DEP request for power generation to cease, turbines rendered inoperable, and the removal of all NYPA owned equipment in September 2012.
As part of the awarded project team as a subconsultant to Greenman-Pederson, Inc., W. Allen Engineering provided a Construction Inspector to represent the NYPA at the project site. The Construction Oversight responsibilities included the following:
- Provide construction oversight and supervision to assure work is performed in accordance with the plans, specifications and contract documents the deconstruction period.
- Serve as the work clearance holder for all work activities (when necessary).
- Provide daily construction photographs.
- Review contractor invoices for recommendation to the Resident Construction Manager or Project Engineer.
- Work with contractor to develop and submit Additional Work Requests (AWR), Design Change Notices (DCN) and Field Change Requests (FCR).
- Provide reports, as directed by the Authority including but not limited to: Daily reports in a form acceptable to NYPA, Bi-Weekly progress reports, project review meeting minutes, two week look aheads and project schedule tracking.
W. Allen Engineering performed work on this project from March to December 2015.
WAE Fees: $102,000