We are currently looking for a candidate to fill our open position for an Electrical Engineer. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, positive attitude and be able to manage multiple projects efficiently and successfully.
1) To Prepare Engineering drawings using Revit and AutoCAD Electrical including preparation of floor plans showing electrical device layouts, circuitry, fixtures, equipment, etc.
2) Coordinate device locations, loads, and circuitry with other disciplines.
3) To assist in the design of power distribution including creation of electrical one-line diagrams, voltage drop calculation, panel schedules and lighting systems, fire alarm and telecommunication system.
4) Perform applied calculations using Powertools (Easy power, SKM) for available fault current and/or overcurrent coordination study.
5) Layout lighting fixtures on plans and demonstrate fundamental knowledge of lighting concepts.
6) Perform lighting calculations and develop models using a lighting photometric program such as Visual or LightPro
7) To develop knowledge of the NEC and other codes
8) Collaborate and coordinate with other disciplines and assisting in gathering and evaluating information for the preparation of engineering documents.
9) Provide engineering support as needed during installation, commissioning and start-up of equipment and related systems.
10) To attend meetings with clients, vendors regarding engineering and technical issues.
11) Support and foster teamwork and high productivity within the electrical group.
1) Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Applied Engineering
2) 6 months experience as Electrical or Design or Project Engineer or related
3) Related experience must include using AutoCAD Electrical
W. Allen Engineering © 2013 – All Rights Reserved.